Audit Representation

Audit Representation

As a member of our family, we have your back when it comes to the CRA.

If you’re an FBC Advantage Member, and you are audited by the CRA on returns prepared by FBC, we will represent you and liaise with auditors on your behalf. You'll never have to deal with government officials alone.

service details

Audit Representation for FBC Members

If there are any penalties levied due to an error caused by our work, FBC will reimburse you. You have the peace of mind knowing that we stand behind the tax solutions that we prepare for you. The experience, expertise and painstaking care we bring to each Member relationship means peace of mind for you in any dealings with government agencies/departments and financial institutions.

FBC is here for you

If you're contacted, all you have to do is make one call. To us. We'll handle the rest; including coming over to your home/office to help review documents, missing and requested information.



We've Seen It All

CRA Audit Facts
  • In 2010, 294,868 business audits were conducted and $8.3 billion of additional tax was identified.
  • 28% of small businesses have been audited in the last 3 years.
  • Of all small businesses, transportation and construction are more likely to be audited
  • Time spent by small businesses to comply with a CRA audit is on average 10 days.
  • A owner can expect to lose 5 days work in complying with a CRA audit.
Dealing With CRA To Your Advantage

FBC has established a solid reputation for consistently providing high-quality products and services. If you’re audited or challenged by CRA on a tax return, we’ll represent you – all the way to Tax Court if warranted.

We’ll reimburse you should you ever be charged penalties caused by FBC errors and we’ll cover the court costs and legal fees.

From Assessments to Audits

You’ll never have to deal with government officials alone. As an FBC Member, we will act as your audit representative on any challenge of your returns for income tax or GST/HST. Timing is critical in such matters since there are deadlines for filing challenges.

Our motives are two-fold. Getting the best case scenario for you, as well as ensuring we help set legal precedent for all small business and farm taxpayers that may find themselves in the same situation.

Request a Free Consultation

We'll do our best to accommodate or give you some alternatives.
Would you like to receive future emails with more tax, accounting and money-saving tips?



Five Types of Government Audits in Canada

Our Member Services Guarantee includes Audit Representation so you're covered in case of an audit.

1) Income Tax Audit

The CRA Income Tax Audit is the most basic audit and come in as requests for documentation, reviews or a full audit. The CRA re-assesses the amount of money you took in and spent on a personal and corporate basis.

2) GST / HST Audit

The CRA assess to see if you have been collecting and remitting GST/HST as well as filing your returns accurately and on a timely basis.

3) Employer Compliance Audit

The CRA makes sure you have been properly filing, withholding and remitting statutory deductions from your payroll, along with all reporting.

4) AgriStability and AgriInvest Audit Representation

We can negotiate on your behalf for AgriStability and AgriInvest payments.

You benefit from the expertise of our farm tax specialists during the audit/review process to claim submission and full claim recovery.

In 2010, we recovered an additional $8 million in payments for Members that the government initially denied or questioned.

5) Workers' Compensation Audit Representation

Workers' compensation (WorkSafeBC/WCB/WSIB) protects you from costly court settlements with no-fault workplace insurance and also provides services and support to keep your workplace safe. The benefits protect your workers by replacing lost income and providing health care costs. Workers' compensation also helps get your workers back on the job and your business back to full productivity.

We can help you deal with workers' compensation (WorkSafeBC/WCB/WSIB) and Statement of Contract Payment requests (T5018) from CRA, required by all businesses that employ 1 or more full- or part-time workers.

Connect with your Local Tax Consultant to learn more



Serving Canadian Farm And Small Business Owners
For More Than 65 Years