Last updated: Mar. 11, 2021
The Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) was established to support business owners and organizations that have not been able to access other federal emergency support measures.
NEW: Businesses that are already receiving support from the RRRF could now receive up to $20,000 in additional funding if they meet the eligibility criteria.
What is the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF)?
RRRF provides interest-free repayable contributions to help support businesses that have suffered a financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The RRRF is complementary to existing federal programs. You must first apply for other federal support measures such as:
- The Canada Emergency Business Account Loan
- And the Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance Program, among others
Applicants are required to attest that they applied for other federal benefits and were approved, rejected, or deemed ineligible.
How Do I Apply?
You must apply to the RRRF through your regional development agency.
Application, eligibility, and payment processes vary by region.
Follow the instructions from the agency that corresponds to your region:
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario
- Federal Economic Development Initiative for Northern Ontario
- Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (CanNor)
- Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
- Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
If you’d like to learn more about this or other COVID-19 programs for Canadian businesses, please call us at 1-800-265-1002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Unlimited consultation related to tax matters is a key benefit of FBC Membership. You can also book an appointment.
Visit our COVID-19 Resource Centre for the latest information, advice and insights for small business owners.