Yesterday the Minister of National Revenue, Kerry-Lynne Findlay, launched a mobile app for small businesses.
The new app lets business users create custom reminders and alerts for key CRA due dates related to instalment payments, returns, and remittances with the goal to make it easier for businesses to fulfil their tax obligations.
- The Business Tax Reminders mobile app is available free of charge on Apple iOS, Google Android, and BlackBerry mobile platforms, and will have a similar look, feel, and functionality across each platform.
- To download the mobile app, go to your favourite app store and search “Business Tax Reminders”, or visit the CRA Business Tax Reminders mobile app page, and follow your app store’s download instructions.
- The mobile app lets users customize their reminder system with different methods of alert, either calendar or pop-up messages, to meet their business needs.
- The Business Tax Reminders mobile app is recommended for small and medium-sized businesses. Large businesses can use the app at their discretion if they do not have a complex tax situation.
- The app is designed to benefit businesses. It is not intended for individual use.
For more information on the Business Tax Reminders mobile app, go to www.cra.gc.ca/mobileapps